Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rancho quik-lift

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
willgr1

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-03-28

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 3:35 pm

woohoo!!! first suspension thread!!!!

so does anyone happen to know when rancho plans on releasing the quik-lift shocks for the X.....as far as i can tell they haven't started retail on them.
Back to top Go down
norshor

Number of posts : 19

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 9:58 pm

Can't say, but I'll be watching also. Just seems like a good option. Only wonder if the difference in cost would be worth it. Rancho is never cheap. Not that cheap is necessarily if ever, better. I personally am leaning toward the Top Gunz and either shackles or leaves. I'm torn though. I can't find my copy of the install issue. Does anyone know if it comes with cam bolts???
Back to top Go down
JAdams

JAdams

Number of posts : 32

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 10:17 pm

I keep bugging them about every three weeks. They say that it will be released in mid April.

Last edited by on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 11:42 pm

I hear it does not support the weight of the Xterra well, so, I'd hold off. So far, best lift I seen for the money is same as MCampanna has, Like $400 out the door, alignment and all. Top Gun front spacers, PRG's Deaver Mini Packs with a 3 Degree shim and Overload springs retained, (They said we couldn't do it! LOL ) Works perfect! No vibrations, no squeaks, bangs, or rattles. MC
Back to top Go down
norshor

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 11:57 pm

usmcxterra wrote:
I hear it does not support the weight of the Xterra well, so, I'd hold off. So far, best lift I seen for the money is same as MCampanna has, Like $400 out the door, alignment and all. Top Gun front spacers, PRG's Deaver Mini Packs with a 3 Degree shim and Overload springs retained, (They said we couldn't do it! LOL ) Works perfect! No vibrations, no squeaks, bangs, or rattles. MC
Did that include cambolts??? I tow a little (wheeler, 16' fishing boat, utility stuff) and the bottoming out is driving me nuts. This weekend I was wheeling and the bottoming out finally caught my wife's attention. Think I may save a bit more for the PRG's. As soon as the old sight is up, I'll pull up that thread. Sorry about the hi-jack.
Back to top Go down
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 8:18 am

MCampana has the price list, we did a how to because PRG does not include what you need to do the install, (Like a lot of vendors) If you buy the Deavers, you will also need a 3 degree shim. New U bolts, and that's it. Top Gun spacers go on pretty straight forward, then just align it. Mind you local prices may vary. We had to do it twice because we were told you don't need the shim, once you tighten the U bolts you will buy new ones, and once you cut the center bolt you will buy new that, and once you see the pinion angle you will need shims. But, we are saving you from all that. Just buy what I said, install but don't cut the center bolts and don't crank down the U bolts all the way and check the angle. I'd put shims in off the bat, 99% chance you need em. But then, after you check, adjust angle and crank it all down and off to align. MC
Back to top Go down
norshor

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks MC. I remember the install thread, just don't remember the details. I am definitely leaning that direction.
Back to top Go down
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:26 pm

norshor wrote:
Thanks MC. I remember the install thread, just don't remember the details. I am definitely leaning that direction.

Yea Turtle has that in rear, MCampana has both, He loves it! In fact I love it, wish that was out when I did mine! Quiet, rides very nice, get lift and give up nothing. If it don't flex enough for ya you can add shackles later, but, I think it will do ok, He will test it soon enough. Fact I have a test facility here for flexing, Just MCampana is always in a hurry to MOD and run, so he hasn't jumped up on it yet. Tee heee. Maybe he has no gonads? MC
Back to top Go down
norshor

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 pm

MC-It's great to see the way you treat the people you like!!I
I may be leaning towards the shackle, to save a hundred bucks. Knowing this stuff is out there, makes me think about waiting. Gotta hit up my dealership to see if they will spring for the camber bolts. With an '06 it won't align without them, right?
Back to top Go down
mcampana

mcampana

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:42 pm

My X is an 06. I would bet money on most dealers not coughing up the cash for the cam bolts......just a gut feeling. I got my cam bolts and the life tiem alignment all from firestone. The bolts cost me 50 bucks per side. So it was an extra 100 bucks. 150 for the lifetime alignment. I think its worth it. And i think you will be happier in the long run with that lift.

And if we didnt end up finishing our mods at like 11pm everytime i got there then we wouldnt have to worry about me taking of! I work early!

And anyways......all my women are waiting for their dose of italian sausage smothered in underwear.
Back to top Go down
norshor

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 7:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have now decided not to decide. I'd like to do the install once and be done with it, rather than to get the shackles and find out it doesn't cut it.
Back to top Go down
mcampana

mcampana

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 7:46 pm

I cant speak from experience on the shackles. Many people are happy with them, and ive seen the photos first hand of what an Xterra with shackels and spacers can do.

The thing i didnt like about the shackels is how much they flatten out the leaf springs. I just wasnt crazy about that. And the Deavers add to the existing leaves. Good deal for me so far. Im very happy with it.

Those are 149 shipped to the door. No extra charges in there. But I then spent 25 bucks for two 3 degree shims, and 30 bucks for 4 new ubolts and nuts. But if you do all that at once, its a done deal, no more fuc@ing around. And to be honest, it isnt a hard install. I little itme consuming because im a perfectionist, but not bad at all. If you had specific questions or anything you could always call me on the phone. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
willgr1

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 7:50 pm

question!!

just a thought, but say i finally got a lift on my truck (if i ever decide the route i want to go), and i took it to the dealer to have it aligned (knowing full well i will be charged for an alignment since the modified suspension will not be covered under warrenty)....will the dealer supply the cam bolt in this case since that bulletin exists? or will the still charge you for them in that case?
Back to top Go down
mcampana

mcampana

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 7:53 pm

I wouldnt do the dealer alignment! When you mess with your suspension you will need to check the alignment after runs occasionally as well as after adding new tires and or wheels. So you will end up shelling out more money in the long run by going to the dealer. Life time alignment, firestone!!!
Back to top Go down
JAdams

JAdams

Number of posts : 32

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 10:00 am

mcampana wrote:
...And anyways......all my women are waiting for their dose of italian sausage smothered in underwear.
rancho quik-lift Muttley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rancho quik-lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: rancho quik-lift   rancho quik-lift Empty

Back to top Go down

rancho quik-lift
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xterra the Next Generation :: Specific Topics :: Suspension tire and wheel-
Jump to: