Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone looking for a part?

Go down 
+2
willgr1
NyCxterra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NyCxterra
Admin
NyCxterra

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Anyone looking for a part? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Was just looking over ebay and came across this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Nissan-Xterra-Repairable-Theft-Recovery_W0QQitemZ250097459647QQcategoryZ6403QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cars looks in perfect condition (except the interior which is half gone)
wonder how much would it cost to replace the whole front
Back to top Go down
https://thenewx.forumotion.com
willgr1

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 1:46 pm

who steals the headunit but leaves the speakers?!?!
Back to top Go down
kokopop

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Surprised they didn't take the airbags. Interesting they cut all the plugs.
Back to top Go down
NyCxterra
Admin
NyCxterra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 1:55 pm

ive been finding more and more brand new vehicles being sold under the title "salvaged". Do i have this right, basically when a vehicle was in an accident and the insurance company writes it up as "totalled" these salvage yards buy the vahicles, repair them or sell them as is to the public?
Back to top Go down
kokopop

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 2:10 pm

NyCxterra wrote:
ive been finding more and more brand new vehicles being sold under the title "salvaged". Do i have this right, basically when a vehicle was in an accident and the insurance company writes it up as "totalled" these salvage yards buy the vahicles, repair them or sell them as is to the public?

Yes.

My brother had is toy p/u totaled in 2000. They gave him $10K and he bought it back for $900. The reason they totaled it was the bed was toast and the rear of the cab was dented in.

Still has it and drives it, but with a wooden bed.
Back to top Go down
NyCxterra
Admin
NyCxterra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 2:12 pm

going back to my question, how much do you guys think the replacement parts would add up to if someone was to purchase that X
Back to top Go down
Magic Rat

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 7:00 pm

NyCxterra wrote:
going back to my question, how much do you guys think the replacement parts would add up to if someone was to purchase that X
Wild guess depending on extent of damage 2k for parts new, obliviously less if you could find them in the junkyard. If the harnesses have to be replaced then the price goes way up. Or you could splice...
Back to top Go down
lostboy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 9:19 am

hey if someone buys it, I got dibs on the tree air freshner.
Back to top Go down
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 7:24 pm

Yea, they left air bags and took crap that don't matter. But, I think I seen one a while back, maybe a fronty, that had dash gone, maybe someone bought that and was getting a dash at midnight auto? Now, I know it wasn't done in NY, they are much cleaner than that. BTW I am restoring a 92 Lebaron Convertible with the Mitsubishi motor, today, it took us 5 hours to take the front end off 3 cars to make one, and a door. So, I'm a lousy thief, and why in the heck you need a 2.5 inch bolt to hold two pieces of sheet metal together is beyond me! And.... on top of that, they hide em! MC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for a part?   Anyone looking for a part? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone looking for a part?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xterra the Next Generation :: Specific Topics :: Swap Meet-
Jump to: