Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kokopop

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts Empty
PostSubject: Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts   Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 2:56 pm

2 of my oil skid plate bolts in the X-member broke. As a result the skid plate is a little loose causing it to swing around. what a PITA.

Time to get out the dremell. I think I might drill thru the X-member and do a nut and bolt.
Back to top Go down
Muzikman

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts   Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 4:12 pm

I am afraid to take off my skids because of this. Those nuts don't seem to be well welded in there.
Back to top Go down
S_e_X-Terra

S_e_X-Terra

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts   Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 5:15 pm

One of mine for my gas tank skid is broken. Im going to take it to jims shop and have him drill a new hole in frame and skid plate to mount it back.
Back to top Go down
Muzikman

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts   Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 5:57 pm

That didn't happen to be the one in the frame did it? I have been running around since July with a zip tie holding that part of my tank skid on.
Back to top Go down
kokopop

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts   Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 6:27 am

Mine on the frame is broken for the gas skid.

I had no plans on taking the skids off but when I went to see what was rattling I found the bolt was loose. Plus I need to do my 30K service soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts   Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Oil Pan Skid Bolts
Page 1 of 1