Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CB Antenna Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hattrik21

hattrik21

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-03-28

CB Antenna Help Empty
PostSubject: CB Antenna Help   CB Antenna Help EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:11 pm

OK folks I need help. I need some ideas on how to mount my antenna. I was thinking on the rear hatch door but I can't find the right mounting bracket. Pics and part numbers and where you got them would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Texas-X.net
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88

CB Antenna Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Antenna Help   CB Antenna Help EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:19 pm

CB Antenna Help M4100122 This is the best place, use a SS whip antenna (Not as pictured) I go into garage door all the time. SWR is near perfect! Ya take the interior light out and drill up, CB Antenna Help M4100121
Then put on a bee hive a right angle and hook coax and under headliner, down post behind rear side window, under floor, to under door floor trim under driver seat and up to the radio! 18 feet gets you to the center console. (It's more complicated than this, but you get the idea, and it takes twice as long as I say it does. My Uniden PC78 XLW
CB Antenna Help IMG_3273 And some other toys.
CB Antenna Help M4100123
CB Antenna Help M4100029
If photobucket goes down we are totally screwed. MC
Back to top Go down
robnfl

robnfl

Number of posts : 23
Location : USS Abraham Lincoln - somewhere in the SOCAL OP area

CB Antenna Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Antenna Help   CB Antenna Help EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 11:04 pm

MC you must have some high garage doors. Do you have external speakers wired up to the CB?

Rob
Back to top Go down
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88

CB Antenna Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Antenna Help   CB Antenna Help EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 6:34 am

No external speakers although I have 10 brand new ones in stock. I was going to put one on, but, that radio is like best radio for the $ and comes with a great speaker, down in that hole it link of bounces off the plastic and comes right up! Can hear fine, so no speaker going in! Also I find myself shutting the lid sometimes to kind off tone down the radio for a second.

And I must say a radio that size does not fit in there, that has the MC made it fit MOD not posted because it's too hard for average Joe to do.
Had to remove console, turn up side down and cut inside to fit, then holes were drilled on liner and the side screws went in, Pretty much 10 on a scale of 1 -10 to steal.
CB Antenna Help M4100124
And BTW the picture with the red Hi Lift in it shows the antenna I am running, the rings adjust SWR and the SS whip ducks into garage, door is like only 7 feet high. My lights barely make it in. .5 inch to spare. MC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB Antenna Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Antenna Help   CB Antenna Help Empty

Back to top Go down

CB Antenna Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xterra the Next Generation :: Specific Topics :: Exterior-
Jump to: