Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bike Rack - Removeable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Bike Rack - Removeable Empty
PostSubject: Bike Rack - Removeable   Bike Rack - Removeable EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 am

Ok people, This is the Quick Removable Inside Bike rack by MC.
This MOD varies according to your bike size and what type it is, shown is a Giant NRS2 Small.
Here is what you get.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3681
Here is what you need besides your Brain housing group and proper tools. A Ramp Plate, $10 Tractor supply and a Bike Hitch, $15 Bike shop.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3666
This, it what you will turn it into. I Bike rack that slips on and off the head rests, yes you can do two! And it's so dam neat I will be!
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3676
1st Fit your bike to the interior, Mine goes like 1/2 in off center of head rest because my handlebar would smash out the rear window on a slam had I not. Also. consider length, and height. Now set it like this, and determine where you will drill your new holes that will fit onto headrest bars. As shown later. Measure twice cut once.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3667
Next you flatten out the Ramp part to make an angle. I used carpet and a part my wife's cutting board to bring it into shape with a BFH.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3672
Now mark your holes and drill them to size. I think it was 1/2 in.
Stick one side in and then mark for the other.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3673
Notice that part marked in black marker? That comes off to allow headrest to sit down.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3682
Try it on, you will have to do some trimming as it will get tight when you put it on. But trim to fit, not sloppy.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3674
Now you bolt on the bike holder of your choice and whalaa!
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3675
As pictured, it's good for a short drive anywhere. I tried it, no problems.
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3676
This is a bonus picture, My DH fender just fits with seat in normal position, that sucker almost cost me pain. But fit good, Notice the MC Coil Overs for the head rests? LOL
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3677
OK, now, You tie it down how you can. I use a nylon strap and a rubber cord, I go from ceiling hook around seat post 2 - 3 times and pull tight then rubber bungee loops through seat catch and OFF ROAD tight!
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3680
It comes off so quick it will make your head spin, But, You may get lazy and leave it there. To keep it from making that rattle sound, cut some fuel line or PVC and put it in and tighten it as if you have a fork in it and Noiseless! An MC requirement!
Bike Rack - Removeable IMG_3683
Now get busy! And post you pictures of your final install so other people can get the idea how different bikes fit. Anyone with a broken rear window, we know you did not read all the instructions Sad.
Back to top Go down

Bike Rack - Removeable
Page 1 of 1