Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hidding place

Go down 
AuthorMessage
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Hidding place Empty
PostSubject: Hidding place   Hidding place EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 am

The whole panel that holds the cup holders pulls right out. All ya do is kinda grab it by the pass side and pull, that side snaps out, then pull right up and out. (This is the plastic part we are talking about) It makes a great place to hid stuff. Checkbook, wallet, keys, spare key. List goes on. The Park brake lever is under there and the Air bag module. So don't store your ice in there.

It's of such quality it can be removed endlessly without damage to the retainers.

As far as keys go, Have dealer make you a key with no transponder, Just to get into the door. Hide that key where you can get at it on the outside, (Be creative) Hide the key that will start the car IN the car such as where I mention. I use Velcro on key and holding spot.

This way, IF someone ever does find your key, they can't take the car, UNLESS they find the second key. But at least you are covered should you loose one.

This saved me a few times at work, someone called and said I left my lights on, I tell them how to get in and to leave the spare key in the truck. I re hide it when I get back.
Another time the parking lot Flooded, I mean to the doors! Same thing, I told them where the key was, and the Hidden, inside key and they moved my car from certain bigtime water damage.

Mike C
Back to top Go down

Hidding place
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xterra the Next Generation :: Specific Topics :: How To's and reviews-
Jump to: