Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC Empty
PostSubject: Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC   Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 11:11 am

This is what most shackles look like, sloppy, loose and making noise and jacking up your new Shrockworks bumper! Shame shame shame.
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_0881
This is what they look like after the MC Glad hand washer MOD, The red one is urethane, it can be done but PITA. Notice though 2 on one side one on thread side. Painted with any paint suited for plastic, I used Krylon. It has special adhesive promoters.
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_0882
You want the used rubber cheap Glad hand washers, (not the urethane) they are rubber washers that go in the glad hands on truck air lines. If you know a truckdriver, they can get you some, you need 3 each shackle. OR get Rubber washers from a plumbing dept.
It's kind of a bear to install, takes some force, but you will get it. You put the bolt through and stretch a glad hand washer on, Maybe two, sometimes I cut one in half (Dangerous, be careful)
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_3906
Then you install it on the location, put another washer on, push the bolt through while turning it so the washer catches the thread,
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_3907
The Bonus is, If you crank it down the rubber creates resistance so they are not easily ganked (Stolen) Crank en and try it. You'll see.
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_3908
and you done it! Ain't that tight!
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_3932
The best part is, they look good, don't bang or rattle, and when you rig you can stick em straight out while rigging. They will always go back to where they are but move normally under a load.
Also found on the ground free at places they do truck maintenance.
What they look like installed! I used 1 for rear and 2.5 for front.
Someone else found a similar washer called a shank washer in plumbing that looks even better and you can find at Home Depot or Lowes, Bring your shackle bolt with you and find the size! I use these because they are free, free is good. I also use them under skids as a spacer on T case rear, and when mounting a hi Lift to keep it tight and isolate the noise.
Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC IMG_3191
MC
Back to top Go down

Shackle Anti Slap Mod by MC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xterra the Next Generation :: Specific Topics :: How To's and reviews-
Jump to: