Xterra the Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xterra the Next Generation

TheNewX.org Backup Forum for 05+ Xterra owners

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
usmcxterra

usmcxterra

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-03-28

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC Empty
PostSubject: SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC   SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 11:22 am

Here are some pictures, to show you the coverage you gain over stock.
The approx digital postal scale weights, The large two are 40# each, the other two are 30 and 20 respectively. Hardware/paint 5#.
Look at the difference in coverage! Only gas skid is same as factory. Thickness is night and day!
Bennie, Quieter ride I guess due to block of road noise.

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC IMG_1371

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC IMG_1370

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC IMG_1382

Yep! I missed the shot of the big one in comparison to the factory! Must have been in all the excitement! Someone get that shot!
But you can see it at top of pic here what it covers. A LOT!

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC IMG_1385

OK people for those who don't read the enclosed directions this will get you buy. 2 people 3 hours max.

I Used a set of ramps, plenty of room (Lifted)

Front skid:

Install Skid to location. See pics or shrockworks pics in vendor area.
Put three bolts in snug. . You will need a 3/8 in bit to drill the front most outer bolt holes into location, Use skid as a guide.

De bur inside top of hole you drilled for ease of install.
Snug up rear bolts holding this skid and take off all front.
put the bolts into two center holes of very front.
Place the spacers supplied onto these bolts and thread into frame. Loosely.
Not install bolts on outside holes you drilled, I used a magnet and did the Wrench holding the nut with a plastic bag shim trick. Tighten All.

Move to second skid. No tricks here but you will have front skid hang by only four front bolts while you take back ones out because front skid and second skid use same holes at that point. Tighten.

Third skid, you let the kid do. No tricks. But Uses a different hole and bolt on rear. You will see when it is up there.

Gas tank skid is the bear. I had room to per install brackets and lift into position. Smooth part of these bolts go toward tank, then skid, then bracket facing ground then washers and nuts. OK the trick is, to lay skid down, with grille being 12 o clock, point skid to like 2 o clock, and pay attention to the rear brackets, it's a kind of thread job but goes in fairly easy. This is only one we used a jack to hold in place. Only because we did not know what we were doing.

It all went in smooth, easy, no cussing, cuts bruises or blood! Easy as sliders and Front Bumper. Well, way easier than front bumper but perfect fit is what I mean. Fool proof design, Very good instructions included.

Fit and finish 110% A+ Rating.
Coverage, 110% Vital areas.
Hardware A ( I painted mine before install and coated with thread-locker. )
Value. 110%
1st Run so no comment on delivery times. But I got mine in short order.
Too fast to mention! LOL

Only tricky part is drilling the front holes, the spacers beside them. and the gas skid is a little tricky because of the bulk and the combo to install it. (the 2 o clock twist to noon!)

For once I feel like my ass is covered, although not yet.

Any Questions?
MC
80% SHROCKED! (waiting on Rear to get here!)
And my SHROCKWORKS ROOF BASKET
Back to top Go down

SKIDS-SHROCKWORKS install by MC
Page 1 of 1